God's Little Black Dress Writing Contest
This is our first annual short story contest. Entries will be open from 11/21/20 to 12/21/20. Stories may, but are not required to have a spiritual focus. We do encourage stories that highlight a strong moral message with a focus on good overcoming evil. Stories should be double-spaced in a font similar to Times New Roman. Stories can be fact or fiction and no more than 1,500 words. Please do not submit pieces with profanity and sexual content. No horror, children’s stories, picture books, or fantasy. Work with a focus on Christian living is strongly encouraged.
HOW IT WORKS
In order to be enrolled into the writing contest you must first make a payment of $20.00. All proceeds will be donated to submersion14, Inc. a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Next, return to this page and upload your writing file in the submission area. This is located underneath the payment area.
Note: You must complete the checkout process first and then return to submit your entry. Read the contest rules and details below.
You have successfully submitted your contest entry! Give yourself a pat on the back. You will be notified via email if you have been selected as a winner.
MEET SUBMERSION14, INC.
submersion14 is on a mission to promote a sustainable environment and to end poverty. With your help, we are going to change the way poverty is viewed by providing eco-friendly humanitarian assistance to those in need. It is our goal to create a sustainable environment while spreading compassionate love to the world.
submersion14, inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to spread love and promote sustainability throughout the world.
The ahava14 backpack is the beginning of submersion14 and was created to provide necessary items to people in poverty. These backpacks are going to travel far and wide creating a sustainable environment, but most importantly it is going to show the ahava love (a deep compassionate love) of The Creator.
The ahava14 backpack is 100% biodegradable and contains eco-friendly items inside that promote cleanliness, creativity, activity, and sustainability for people in poverty. We are going to clean up the environment one ahava14 backpack at a time, while impacting the lives of many beautiful people.
Contestants are also strongly encouraged to visit the websites sponsoring the contests: www.drkatherinehayes.com and www.submersion14.com to familiarize themselves with the type of content featured on both sites. Additionally, contestants can also read about the nonprofit Submersion14. There they will discover the incredible difference this organization is making in a hurting, broken world. They will also witness how Submersion14 is overcoming evil with good.
• All decisions made by the judges regarding the winners are final
• No contest entry fees will be returned
• By submitting, you are agreeing to all contest rules
• Contest rules are subject to change
• Stories can be but not required to be spiritually-focused. We do encourage stories to embed a strong moral message with a focus on good overcoming evil
• Stories should be double-spaced in a font similar to Times New Roman
• Stories can be fact or fiction and no more than 1,500 words
• Submission fees of $20.00 are due at the time of entry
• Multiple entries are permissible Authors maintain copyright authority but must agree to the winning entries being published on multiple social media platforms connected with the contest
• Three winners will be selected
• One First Place winner will receive $250.00, $100.00 worth of free products from Mrs. Miller’s Bath Bombs, a Submersion14 T-shirt/bracelet, & 3 free books
• Second Place Winners will receive $75.00 worth of products from Mrs. Miller’s Bath Bombs, a Submersion14 T-shirt/bracelet, & 3 free books
• Third Place Winner will receive $20.00 worth of products from Mrs. Miller’s Bath Bombs, a Submersion14 T-shirt/bracelet, & 3 free books
• All winning entrants will be published on the websites associated with the contest
In a world where privacy is becoming more and more of a commodity, we want our contestants to know about what they are getting into. Nothing is hidden about our contest. We are forthcoming about everything.
• Taylor Wehri • Kim Erickson • Virginia Girton • Megan Gonzalez • Katherine Hayes
To the nonprofit organization Submersion14 to fund supplies to selected orphanages around the world. This will provide ahava14 backpacks to children in poverty.
Winners will be paid through Pay-pal or by check, the first week of January 2021.
Only the winning entrants will be notified by email
Winning stories will be published on the following websites during the month of January 2020: www.drkatherinehayes.com, www.submersion14.com